Skip to main content

Fifth day at sea

Our last day at sea was Valentine's Day. Which we celebrated by... sleeping a lot? Not an eventful morning, as I remember. Not entirely true--I did go to the gym. That's my romantic gesture: maintaining the taut body of a twenty year old. Totally.

So, nothing until lunch and then after that we went to one of the lounges to participate in a few trivia games. First was Tribond trivia, which we rocked but did not win. Then He Said, She Said, which was a match-your-partner's-answer type game (we spectated that one). Lastly it was Battle of the Sexes, an ongoing trivia game that had been going on for a few days. Sarah had been scouted for her prized trivia smarts because the girls were down by four. And the word got out. Some totally random guy overheard Stephanie from Georgia talking about bringing in a ringer from the night before, and he brought up a fake announcement for the Activities staff to read, saying that "Sara needs to go to guest relations immediately." Alas, he was foiled by a typo, and the guys had their asses handed to them.

After this, we had folks over to our room. Jack and (North Carolina) Stephanie came back to our not so spacious cabin and drank some contraband wine. We talked for a while and eventually made plans to meet up for a baseball game in Boston some time this summer (which wasn't just talk--we're going to do it, people).

Another Captain's Club party, a lovely Valentine's dinner, and if I remember correctly, a relatively short stay at the bar afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.