Skip to main content

Six months

Six months later and the time has not flown by. I don’t say this in a bad way. I love that it hasn’t all gone by in a blink. There’s been so much adapting and growing and general newness that the past six months have passed in very real time.

A few of my favourite things about him at the moment:

  • Sometimes when I come home from work, Teddy and Sarah are sitting on the front step. More often then not I’m in some kind of workfunk, but then Teddy recognizes me, bops up and down and gives me a big smile, and that bad mood is gone in a second.
  • He’s been working on b-sounds lately. “Buh! Buh! Buh!” And almost every time that he starts to say it, he’ll warm up first. He’ll mouth the words a couple of times, then he’ll whisper it buh, and then he start saying it out loud. Needs to be seen to really be appreciated, but sadly I don’t have a video.
  • But I do have a video of Teddy eating solid food, or you know, gumming it a couple of times, pulling a face, and then horking it out. In the attached video there are three quick clips. Clip one is from his first day of trying food, with Teddy tasting an orange pepper (a sweet pepper--we're not jerks). Clip two has him trying a plum for the first time (and not liking it so much). And clip three occured about two minutes later, where Teddy's liking plum a whole lot more.

Comments

Beth said…
Holy cuteness! You know, I wouldn't mind if you happened to forget him when you are here in September. Just sayin'

Also, he's clearly trying to say, "Buh! Buh! Buh! Aunt Beth!"
Anonymous said…
Awesome.

Olivia's first time with "Solids" was pureed stuff She'd "chew" it and seemed to really enjoy it. I suspect it was the fact that we broke the monotony of formula.

Also...

Diggin' the new digs.

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.