Skip to main content

Movie Marathon - Times, Cam, Messenger

Here's a few last notes for this weekend's participants and for those of you who'd like to play along at home. First, here are the start times for the movies. There has been a slight substitution (A Night at the Opera in place of Duck Soup, but it's still the Marx Brothers so it's still all good). Hey, it won't be the movie marathon if one of the movie mysteriously became unavailable exactly when I needed it. (Fucking Dolemite.)

On the Waterfront 10:00

Dirty Harry 12:03

A Night at the Opera 2:15

Way of the Gun 3:38

Battle District B13 5:53

Fast, Cheap and Out of Control 8:18

Forbidden Planet 9:52

The Big Lebowski 11:55

Oldboy 2:22

The Descent 4:27

Roadhouse 6:16

I Heart Huckabees 8:20

I'll be especially anal about start times in the beginning and the end, but I'll play it a little fast and loose in the middle (which is to say: start times are approximate).

Now for the home version. We will very likely be posting updates throughout the day (here and here), but because that isn't nerdy enough, you can also chat with us at any time on messenger. Add us to your contact list by searching for movie_marathon@hotmail.com. To take it even further, we'll also be webcam enabled. If you want to see our current state of awareness (or state of undress) throughout the day, check into this link. At the moment, you're just gonna see Jorge's office--the real magic doesn't start till Saturday, folks. And keep in mind the fact that the camera will refresh the photo once a minute, so if you send us saucy commands, gratification won't be immediate (and it'll cost you).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dude, I am STOKED!

I have everything ready for liftoff.

Or whatever.

J
Anonymous said…
Not A Night At The Opera! Animal Crackers! Or even Horse Feathers! Monkey Business, if you have to! The later films lack that certain "We're losing our shit" quality.
Reel Fanatic said…
Fast, Cheap and Out of Control is just one of my favorite movies of all time .. every time I start to think there's nothing worth dreaming about anymore, that always brings me back
Just_A_Rat said…
Some quality choices in there, my friend. Gotta love Sarah Silverman in the opening of Way of the Gun. And while I will be up in Canada this weekend, I still will not be attending.

Maybe one year, though.
Anonymous said…
I really wish I was going to be there, Dave.

Instead, I'll be spending my Saturday at Braeden's first basketball practice. Which should be just as entertaining - bunches of 5-year-olds running about with absolutely no coordination - but probably less grown-up type fun.

Have a great time!
Anonymous said…
Are you starting at 10am or 10pm? Damn, that still doesn't give me a lot of time to get there. Not to mention I have to work today!

I'll be with you guys in spirit!
Beth said…
I'm off to Tofino, but wanted to say "have a wicked good movie marathon-y time!!" I expect a full report upon my return.

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.