Skip to main content

Don't call it a comeback

I really wish I had discipline when it came to this whole blogging thing. Audience aside, I need some kind of journal because I forget shit pretty much as it happens. I've looked back at my archives once or twice and thought, "Oh yeah. I went to Vancouver that time. How crazy is that?" Some weeks go by without a noteworthy thing happening, but others... well, they aren't life-altering, but you just start cataloguing the things you need to write about, and they keep piling up, and the weight of it just keeps you away longer.

Whatever. Enough poor me. Here are a few things that have been going on over the past few weeks. More to come as I remember it:
  • The McLean reunion took place in Formosa three weeks back. It was a vicious affair, with old feuds renewed, cousin battling cousin, and few of us leaving unbloodied. Actually, we just drank a lot, ate a lot, and had a good time. The 2007 Reunion is going back to Georgetown, and Bejing won the bid for 2008.
  • Sarah and I went on a Spread the Love to Southwest Ontario (and Select Boarder States) tour over Labour Day weekend. First, we stopped in to Windsor to visit Brady and Lana, to enjoy the hospitality at Chandler's pub, and to hum One of These Things is Not Like the Other when some old University friends stopped by and we stood out as the only couple without kids (either born or in transit). Next, we snuck over the boarder to visit Katie. We heard about the worst date ever, ate at a restaurant suspected of funding terrorist activities (still: yummy!), and watched seventy-two hours of Arrested Development. Day three had us in Dorchester, visiting Kevin and Sarah, and it was a day without arson, Mongoose consumption, or ribcage bruising of any kind (so, a good but atypical visit). Lastly, we saw Dawn for the first time in forever, in her beautiful new house that made us feel just that much less adult.
  • My birthday came with many a present, many a tribute, and not nearly the same doom and gloom of prior years. Thanks all!
  • Our trivia team, Banana Stand, tasted victory not once but twice in one week. We went to our last game at the Barley Mow, won that, left our remaining team-mate Patrick (Né E. Jack Layton) with both the winnings and the handicap, went to the new Wednesday game at The Royal Joke, and won that too. World Trivia Night, here we come.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sweet.

You forgot to mention your never-ending battle against Blogger Beta.

However, I think you are winning, chief.

J
Jay said…
I'm glad that you're back to using your blog for good rather than evil.

Phew.
Anonymous said…
Why do we all look so angry.......we are lovers, not fighters..eh Dave
Anonymous said…
I, too, am having trouble keeping the blog updated, Dave. Not because there isn't enough happening, but because there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for getting everything done.

I'm glad to see you've updated, though! Maybe I'll be inspired, too.

;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.