Skip to main content
Considered yourself warned that this entry will be entirely unfocused. Work has been insane; I feel like a whore on Valentine’s Day. December looks like better times, I think.

My NaNoWriMo book has ground to a halt for the time being. I’ve written about three pages in the last two weeks. I will finish it, but it’s looking more like NaNoWri3Mo right now. To my innumerable faithful readers: all apologies.

Saw my first Senators game a little while back, which is also the first NHL game I’d even been to. Sarah scored great seats as a birthday present for her Dad, so we were about two rows up from the ice beside the visitors’ bench. The Sens lost (against Carolina), but it was still a hell of a lot of fun to be there. I’m not a hockey guy, or really a sports guy (or when it comes down to it, any kind of man) but I was totally into the game. I was overwhelmed for the first bit, but after the Sens scored their second goal, I fucking screamed out YEEEAAAH! Then I though, where the hell did that come from? If I were to chose a favourite player, it would be Chara. Dude’s like 6’10, and he plays a really clean game. Also, sometimes I forget his name and I call him Charo.

Beth has been in for the week and she’s been a great roomie. It’s been tough but she’s managed to keep up with our fast-paced lifestyle and our bar-closing weeknights. She’s in town to check out McGill for a potential post-doc position, and then in just a few days she’s off to California to check out Stanford, which we all know will pale in comparison. Please visit f**kstandord_pickmcgill.blogspot.com or montrealwinteronlylookscold.blogspot.com for more information

There is a high likelihood that I will see seven movies in the next seven days, between what’s come in from the library, and what’s out at the theatre. I don’t have the energy to write full-on reviews of all of them, which is okay because I’m doubting your appetite to read that, but I’ll throw up a movie madness post sometime in the future (along with the full review of The Maltese Falcon which alternated between terribly slow and laughably bad.) We did see the newest Harry Potter movie, which was good. Having read the books, and with the movies being so incredibly faithful, you’re basically just watching to see what everything looks like. Voldemort looked good, but not really how I thought he would. But then, when pressed, I’d have to say the picture I had in my head looked something like this:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dude,

While your NaNoWriMo book has ground to a halt, it still rocketh.

Have a great week, Manus.

Don't die from movie overexposure....
Rebecca said…
Okay, how about this: I'll post my weekend movie reviews if you post yours. Deal?
Omeaux said…
Wow, you guys really close the bar on weeknights? I don't know if I can keep up.

I am not Jason, I am Katie.
Anonymous said…
Haha - you don't have to like sports to be a man. At least, that's what I told my ex-boyfriend. He, of course, wasn't a man, though, in that he cried at the drop of a hat, and always wanted to 'talk about where our relationship is going'. Gag me with a spoon.

Annyywwaayy, don't give up on the book! I'm looking forward to reading more. Don't leave me hanging!
Beth said…
It was tough to keep up with the fast-paced lifestyle and the bar-closing weeknights, but I'm managing to recover from the overexertion. I miss you guys, and Moe & Gunther too... there is no one here to attack my feet when I sleep! And no cat massages!

Thanks for letting me stay at your place! You guys rock!

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.