Skip to main content

Gunther and Moe

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce the newest members of clan MacDonald-McLean.

First, Gunter. We'd had our eye on this guy for about two weeks, but the hours of the Anrprior Humane Society coincided pretty much exactly to our own work hours. He was a handsome guy, described as talkative and affectionate, and frankly, we just liked the name.

He's the alpha male, or so he'd like to have you believe, but he's run off and hid like a pansy at least six times in the last two days. Oh, and he grumbles like a person. If he's pissed, you'll know it. But he's all talk. For the most part, he's a good guy. And he's also fond of giving headbutts of love.

Next is Morris, who I like to call Moe, and Sarah likes to call Snowpants. (And when we're feeling particularly witty: Moepants Snowpants.) We weren't looking for a young guy, or a long haired cat, but this guy seduced me with a look after about ten seconds. (When I first met Sarah, it took fifteen. I'm just saying.) He is the Gandhi of cats, wearing down Gunther's swats with nothing more than passive resistance. He's about four months, but very calm for a little guy.

More to come, I'm sure. I'll probably be one of those bloggers who only ever posts about their cats from here on out. I'd post a picture of the two of them together to give a sense of scale, but their relationship hasn't developed quiet that far just yet

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tell the truth: You liked the name Gunter because you are a Friends whore.

Love headbutts are the best.

Especially from Cats.

J
kris said…
I think we all know what is important to point out here: does Canada produce any of its own television?

Two other things:

Congrats on the cats!

And don't think you can get away without responding to our comments on your last post.
Dave said…
Don't worry, I fully intend to respond to the comments/epistles from the last post. Just now, when I've sat down to do so, I found three new comments that I have to chew on. For now, I give a huge thanks for everyone's attention, opinions, and concern, and I'll respond some time today.
Dave said…
P.S. Degrassi Junior High, as well as the new Degrassi, The Kids of Degrassi Street, and Degrassi 2: Degrassi Harder, are pretty much the only scraps of Canadian programming to ever cross our border.
kris said…
I just had to look up epistle online. I need to go take an SAT prep class again.
Anonymous said…
In Canada, our eloquence is without peer.
kris said…
I know, Jorge, but we all hope you find friends someday.
Anonymous said…
ZING!

Good thing I was burned by you.

If it was anyone else, I would probably just laugh.

This hurts much more though.

Man, i feel like writing a maudlin article about turning 32 and being insulted by Kris.

;)
Anonymous said…
Tanya like Moe's "Old man ear hair"

:)

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.