Skip to main content

The rumours of my death… yada yada yada

Yeah, so I went underground for a few weeks. What’s the big deal? You’re not paying me. You’re not the boss of me. Damn, I can’t keep up this tough talk! I love you, and I missed you too.

Now that that’s cleared up, some random updates:

  • Facebook is the best and greatest thing ever. I was afraid it was just MySpace with a different name (which—largely—it is), but what makes it so wicked is that everyone I’ve ever met seems to have joined. I’ve connected with people I long though (nay, hoped) were dead. (That's a lie. I’m actually really glad to have reconnected with everyone I’ve found so far). Join up. You won’t be sorry. Unless you hate everyone you used to know. Then, never mind.
  • We’re driving a Matrix these days because an oil change place wrecked the Protégé. I stopped into Georgetown last weekend to see my family, had some time to kill, and so went to a place my Dad recommended for an oil change. Well, after the oil change kid finished the job, for some reason neither man nor science can explain, he decided to back out of the garage with the driver’s side door still open. The door caught on a wall and got somewhat accordioned. The owner of the place was super cool though, said he’d get it fixed, set me up with a rental, and promised to drive down to Ottawa and swap cars with me later in the week. I’ve in no way inconvenienced by this, so really I just feel bad for the owner—poor bastard is out of pocket probably a grand. Also: the oil change was free.
  • Sarah has almost gotten over the croup, and all of the Outbreak monkeys have been chased from our apartment.
  • For fans of hilarious and absolutely fucking filthy banter, I highly recommend SModcast, which is a new podcast featuring Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier. It’s just the two of them shooting the shit in hour-long instalments. So so good. I’ve been buried with work lately, but these podcasts have made the time fly by.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad you're back, Dave!

And also so glad that we're Facebook friends too! (My life is now complete.)
Anonymous said…
Welcome back manus.
Hopefully you're not listening to those podcasts while working, because you've probably transcribed KS's potty mouth into everything you've done for the past month.
Anonymous said…
Dave?....is that really you?
Anonymous said…
I have to admit, I feared the worst. Your last posts were from Vegas ... there are a lot of holes in the desert you know, lots of holes.
Anonymous said…
Yes, I'm a lurker. But even lurkers can be happy you're back!
Anonymous said…
Hey!
How do you like the matrix?
I have to decide between a mazda3 and a matrix, and my heart is with the matrix.

Thoughts?
Cheers,
jules

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.