Skip to main content

Movie Marathon (last I’ll say on it for at least another ten months)

You’ve likely already noticed that Jorge has posted the photos and videos from MM2 over at his site. The Department of Redundancy Department tells me not to just borrow his code and post it all over again on my site, so I’ll just speak on my three favourite videos. (And yes, I know this is like a week late, but I’ve been waylaid with the croup for many days.)

3. Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control – Aside from everyone in this making me laugh, I remember the video coming together very quickly. This could be a sleep-dep-induced falsehood, but I think the time between initial conception to completing the entire shot was about fifty-eight seconds. And I also love that Moe lets out a tiny unscripted yeeeoooowroooar just before the camera moves away.

2. Dirty Harry – You can’t hear Isha laugh and not want to laugh with her. I also like that a pink lint-roller was a perfectly acceptable substitute for a .44 magnum. Throwing my voice (totally unplanned and unsolicited) into this one, I felt a little bit like that guy. Regardless, it didn’t stop me from being that guy and throwing myself into every other photo and movie we took after that.

1. District 13 – What don’t I love about this one? Initially, it was Mark’s mad parkour skills and his cartoon-y retreat that I liked the most. Having watched it many times , I now find Jorge to be far and away the funniest part of this. The motions (running with arms in the air, the he’s-getting-away gesture); the sounds (aaaaaawh! dyuh!) Comedy fucking gold, people.

Lastly, a word about how nerdy we were on this. In retrospect—at least as far as the movies go—I think we weren’t nerdy enough. The videos that turned out too dark, or that weren’t framed like I’d hoped… they sort of gall me. Next year we’re gonna do multiple takes, and we’re gonna have a steadicam. And we’ll have a budget. Interested investors, please e-mail touchyoulast@hotmail.com.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dude, I think the fact that Dirty Harry (Isha) is sitting on a sofa with Cathy is the best part.

Laziest cop ever.

And I second the call for investors.

Fuck yeah.

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.