Skip to main content

Link-O-Rama

I’ve got no new content for you; I’ll give you that up front. Don’t get all up in my grill about it because neither do you. Trust me, I’ve checked. Everyone is in vacation mode these days and no one is posting, which means I’m actually stuck doing work while I’m at work—sort or unprecedented.

In lieu of new stuff, I give you a series of links that I’ve enjoyed the hell out of lately.

Kevin Smith’s Blog – Dude gives an unfiltered glimpse into his day-to-day life, focusing more on the minutia (where he ate, how he had sex with his wife—and I do mean how) than on the bigger events (movies in development, brushes with glitterati).

Go Fug Yourself – If you like to see more fashion missteps then there are stairs in the world, check this out. I’m not into fashion but I am into snark, and here I can glut myself with all the snark my belly can take.

MetaSpy – Allows you to spy on what people have been searching the web for. In case you haven’t guessed it, people surf for some stupid shit—or nonsensical shit, which can be just as entertaining (also, people can’t spell). Choice selections from the last five minutes:

church camps in saskatchewan
love cannal
buy gwen stefani clothing
used condoms
dubie
meaning of ahora me puedo ir a mi casa
peoples weird faces
what size sheets do futons take?
diaphragm spasm excess skin

The Onion A.V. Club – In particular, the A.V. Club has a new feature called “Commentary Tracks of the Damned,” where director’s commentaries from awful movies are skewered.

101 in 1001 – Just a reminder that I do update my progress on this one fairly frequently. A permanent link can be found over there on the right.

Maybe we’ll talk in the Fall,
Dave

Comments

Anonymous said…
1) You're a filthy liar. I posted stuff earlier this week, and Jorge has been "Hai-kuul" happy.

2) I hate you. I was watching MetaSpy for a good 20 minutes, mesmerized by it. And may have to keep going back to it in spite of myself. Some of the more amusing searches I saw:

bingo writing
libraryofthumbs.com
www.backdoors.to/pogo/squelchies
desperate hold bladder
tickling clips
gay thumbs
how to suction time autococker
doo rags
love words for lovers
ways to kick a cold
blow me sandwich
work
punk polka
recipes for cats with kidney failure
drum bag
food
''"design and analysis of heterojunction bipolar transferred electron devices"'' takahashi

... and perhaps my favourite of those 20-odd minutes:

homemade bubble stuff
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't call him filthy, as he can usually be found soaking in da tub.

However, I have been "Hai-Kuul" happy, as you call it. Part of the reason for that is because people can actually post comments on my site rather than just reading my rants and sniggering silently to themselves.

:)

Get on that, will you?

As for D's list..
Bravo.

Way to waste time, you jackass.
Why "jackass"?
Beacuse you've now wasted all of my free time.

Bah.
Dave said…
"Gay thumbs" and "blow me sandwich" are funnier than my last ten entries. Dirty upstager.

Popular posts from this blog

I should add...

... that two people were instrumental in my joining Twitter. First, Isha . She sent out an article on it when the application was still brand new. (And I remember thinking, "Screw that noise. Like I need more online commitments.) Second was Rebecca . She joined up just a short while ago, claiming she hadn't met a bandwidth she didn't like . (And then she disappeared entirely from the internets .) It looked nice and pretty over there on her sidebar, and then I got a little jealous. The rest: history. And for those unobservant among you ( Jorge ), the Twitter feed is right there on my sidebar, replacing the old Radio 3 player that I loved, but that I think scared the bejezus out of a lot of people. Also, everyone should join Twitter. I'm needing some diversions , people.
Change Two: Drink More Water Such a simple thing, yet something I just can't seem to find the time to do. About the only water I drink in your average day is whatever sweat happens to trickle off my mustache. Hydration (so the smart people tell me) is a good thing. I'm less fatigued when I drink water. I'm less hungry when I drink water. I'm even less grumpy when I drink water. I promise you nothing especially impressive. Eight glass a day ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting for two on average; two trendy, metallic, not gonna bleed Bisphenol A into my system bottles of water. I know were off to a rip-roaring start, what with the list-making and the hydration, but I'll try to get crazier with future changes. Stuff like: go to work drunk more, and buy a pair of leather pants. For now, let me ease into it.

Discuss Amongst Yourselves - January 30th, 2006

In case you don’t read my comments (and if not, you’re nuts cause that’s where all the good stuff is), Courtney has just declared herself movie illiterate. So, if you had to recommend five essential movies that everyone should see, what would they be? Let me stress: only five. For those of you with break-the-rules tendencies (like--I dunno--just picking a name out of the air... Jorge ?), your comment gets chucked out. Give’r.